Pages

A Christmas Story

I cannot believe how fast this week has gone by. We have less than 2 weeks until we make the trip to California for Christmas at home! Yikes. And get this, there is still no snow here. What the actual heck. Tomorrow we are supposed to go sledding but since it isn't supposed to snow for at least a week I don't see that happening any time soon. 
Good news, as of today there are only 18 days until Christmas!
Tonights advent calendar activity was to watch a Christmas movie, so we went with....

A Christmas Story!!

Classic.
Actually, this is a movie that I did not grow up watching(I think my parents weren't super into it) so I hadn't even seen it until I was in college. But I love it. I think it is so funny. So in the spirit of Christmas I thought I'd share my top 7 favorite scenes from the movie(in no particular order). You're so welcome. 


1. "I Can't Put My Arms Down!!"
Living in Rexburg where it often gets into the negatives, I have felt like Randy many times in my life.

2. "Daddy's Gonna Kill Ralphie"
I just love the innocent truth to this scene. Randy is so concerned for his big brother after Ralphie got into a fight, that he hides under the sink and cries. And can we talk about how good of a mother she is? She rocks.

3. "Jingle Bells"
So much of this reminds me of our family. The singing at the top of their lungs, the look on the dad's face while the children are yelling in his ear, and the inevitable car trouble. Ah, good times.

4. "He looks like a Deranged Easter Bunny"
Um, yeah. Classic scene. It's hard as a child to appreciate the weird and strange gifts you sometimes get from family members, and this just sums it all up.

5. Mall Santa
Terrifying. Just terrifying. I mean, how many of us have pictures of ourselves as little kids crying or screaming or looking absolutely horrified on santa's lap. This scene shows what kids see when they sit on Santa's lap and it is awesome.

6. Soap in the Mouth
I was an angel child so I never actually got soap in my mouth, but I did see my older siblings go through the ordeal. The parents reaction to the F-dash-dash-dash word in this movie, is just hilarious.

7. Chinese Restaurant
In the movie a whole bunch of dogs get into the house and destroy the turkey so they end up going out to eat at a Chinese restaurant. The chopping off the duck's head gets me every time. Great ending to a great movie.

What do you guys think of this movie, fans or no? 

No comments: